Who We Are
RiversEdge Church is a non-profit organization, established to develop and disciple men and women, boys and girls, in the Word of God. We are committed to the vision of the Lord Jesus Christ to make the kingdoms of this world the Kingdom of our God.
We believe that the local church should be a vehicle for God to use in proclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom, both locally and internationally. To further that end, we dedicate ourselves to providing these key services.
- To worship God with all of our heart, mind and strength (Luke 10:27).
- To provide spiritual covering for members and ministries.
- To provide a pool of spiritual and human resources.
- To provide a vision for world and home missions.
We believe in and stand on the inerrant Word of God, which leads us to accept these fundamental thruths.
- The entire Bible is inspired by God, without error, and is the authority on which we base our faith, conduct, and doctrine.
- There is one God, who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God, who came to this earth as Savior of the world.
- Jesus died on the cross and shed His blood for our sins.
- Salvation is found by placing our faith in what Jesus did for us on the cross.
- Jesus rose from the dead and is coming again.
- Water baptism is a symbol of the cleansing power of the blood of Christ and a testimony to our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues is one of the many gifts given by God.
- Regularly taking Communion is an act of rememberance, honoring what the Lord Jesus did for us on the cross.
- Every believer should be in a growing relationship with Jesus by obeying God’s word, yielding to the Holy Spirit, and being conformed to the image of Christ.
- As children of God, we are overcomers and more than conquerors, and God intends for each of us to experience the abundant life He has in store for us.